Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Testimony~

Since I was about 7 years old, I have had very painful stomach aches, most of the time after I would eat meals. By the time I was 13 years old I would have blinding headaches, along with backaches, sever cramps and stomach and bowel problems. I found out that I was allergic to gluten and wheat. So after getting off of the wheat for about a year, a lot of my symptoms went away... except for the bad stomach aches and bowel problems. After doing some research and borrowing "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" from a friend, I found out that if you have an intolerance to gluten or wheat, that your body cant easily process carbohydrates either.  After eating wheat and gluten for so long, my intestines had started to deteriorate and rot.. So, my food was not being properly digested.  At the time of starting the GAPS diet I weighed about 93 lbs, would get sick very easily, had bowel and intestine problems and felt very grumpy and tired. Now, after being on the diet for about 1 year, I have gained almost 10 lbs. Most all of my pain has subsided, I do not get sick very often at all anymore and my over all attitude and lack of energy has changed for the better too! :) I will still have a "flare up" once in a while but, it will only last about a day instead of a month! Praise the Lord.. for, He is to whom all glory should be passed!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I had no idea. I knew you all were alittle strange. Wink. I knew you were not eating gluten. I had no idea you had suffered so. So glad to know. I promise to always have a non-carb snack here for you.

    Guess cider, cocoa and cookies were not the best option the other night. :-)

    ReplyDelete